Monday, September 3, 2018

Behavioral Analysis of Network Traffic to Detect Intruders

I'm providing this video as an introduction to some of the work I have done on network traffic analysis as a means to detect intruders in real time. It is a forensic analysis of network traffic in real time that detects intruders using proprietary statistical traffic analysis methods that I developed. There's some aspects of my work on predictive statistical models in this work. And a real time, automated intruder defense capability as well.

Unfortunately, I can't describe how the system operates. That is proprietary information. I can say that it uses an approach that detects specific network activities that should either not be present or violate baseline patterns of behavior. All this is done on a per connection basis and does not affect transmission speeds.

I'll let you imagine how this system works once you've seen the video.

Here's the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment